MFG Crosswind rudder pedals were designed and conceptualized from day 1 to accept various footrests for different flying styles. That is why Brake axis dont depend on footrests at all and brake axis shaft is situated at ideal height from the floor as we had "heels on the floor" principle in mind from the start. We also imagined that our customers will not need to buy new pedals to use a different style, but just desired footrests.
That being said, we had various style prototypes for years, fine tuned for comfort and ergonomics. Unfortunately, due to complexities of manufacturing such pedals on CNC we couldn't sell it at reasonable price (at least for what I think would be reasonable).
Beside our standard composite Me109 style, now we finally offer you different style footrests that are 100% up to MFG standards, made possible thanks to advancements in 3d print fillaments technology and latest 3d printers. Our special printer settings improve layer adhesion by 35% as well as finished product apearance. To the untrained eye pedals look like a high volume molded product.
- Me109 model made of rugged composite on CNC machine
- Other models are made of 3d printed - reinforced PLA that are virtually unbreakable , tested under serious abuse.
(everything can be broken intentionaly with goal set to break it, but these footrests endure all possible real life scenarios with ease)
- WAP addon can be used to increase or decrease overall width ONLY ON Me109 , for other models user can only increase overall width of the pedals by using WAP
We know that our customers are used to having one key for all adjustments. We broke that rule for 3d printed footrests and you will need Imbus key 4mm for 3d printed model footrests. Make sure you buy it (in accessories) if you dont have one. Reason for this change is simple - to spread force loading across as many layers of 3d print and therefore increase ruggednes dramatically. Such thing was not necessary on composite parts.
- Combat(universal) pedals were originaly designed based on F16 style which has big holes on body of the footrests. In real life, while flying on simulator, those early prototypes proved uncomfortable for barefoot flying, naturaly as they were designed for pilot's boots. They also proved slippery on braking and round shape at bottom caused some pain under toes when flying barefoot for 3-4 hours session. After many prototypes we ended up with a shape we offer to you. It is not gorgeus as early prototypes but is still nice, really comfortable and ergonomic.
- Cessna is designed as original aircraft with only minor difference in size
- P-51 Mustang and P-47 Thunderbolt are made in original US green cockpit color of US fighters of that era. Size and shape of these pedals is as accurate but modified for simulator use.
Every pedal style has different feel in use and therefore ideal angle of footrests is different for each